Daniel Doyle, 34 is from Dublin. Having studied sculpture in the Dublin Institute of Technology's College of Marketing & Design, Daniel has spent the last ten years working on many different projects in Ireland and abroad - here are a select few.
- 2005 Video composition to accompany performance of ‘Boil’ at the Estonian music days festival.
- 2004 Co-Produced, directed and edited ‘Cool Carvings’ ice carving documentary
- 1996~2002 Building props and sets for many Music promos and advertisements
- 1996~2002 sculpture assistant to the Irish artist Patrick O’ Reilly providing technical support and fabrication of many of his sculptures.
- 2001 Lead sculptor of the Burren Interpretive centre, Kilfinora County clare.
- 1996~2000 Decorative painter of countless bars night clubs and restaurants in Ireland and abroad with the Company ‘Paint works’
Since leaving college Daniel has also continually participated in Sand, Snow and Ice sculpture events all over the world. In conjunction with his sculpture work Daniel is also pushing more and more into film; with many projects in preproduction both as part of Duthain Dealbh, and with his own production company.
1990~1994: College of marketing and Design, Certificate in Fine Art.
Mountjoy Sq., Dublin 1. Diploma in Fine Art.
May~1993: 4th student Biennial, Maastricht, Master classes under
Holland. Richard Deacon.
- 2010 Irish Architectural Archive. Solo Show.
- 2004 Droichead, arts center. Group Show.
- 2003 Dublin City Center Secret project.
- 2001 The Sugar Cube, Leitrim. Group show.
- 1997 R.H.A. Gallery, Dublin 2. D.I.T. exhibition.
- 1994 Irish Life Mall, Dublin 1. Group show.
- 1994 C.O.M.A.D. Dublin 1. Final year show.
- 1993 MECC Biennial, Maastricht, Holland. International student group show.
- 1993 Imago, Irish Life Mall, Dublin 1. Student group show.
Festivals and Competitions
Since early 1996 Niall has been representing Ireland both at home and abroad sculpting in a variety of ephemeral materials. These festivals have brought him to all corners of the globe including; USA, Singapore, China, Russia, Canada, and all over Europe. During this time he has received many awards and accolades, for his work in sand, Snow, Ice, Fire and also combinations of these.
Alan Magee trained in fine art at the Dublin Institute of Technology. He holds an MA Fine Art from Central Saint Martins College of Art, London. He has been creating ephemeral sculptures with Duthain Dealbh since 2001. During that time he has represented his country in competitions and festivals in Canada, Russia and across Europe, receiving 1st price in the international Ice sculpture festival, Latvia two years running.
2011 Florence Trust Open studio event - London. 2010 Liverpool Rd Est Project - London. Framing Motion - Moves 10, Liverpool. 2009 Projected Weekends - The Digital Hub, Dublin. Visual Deflections - Old Truman Brewery, London. Moving Image - Synch Festival, Athens, Greece. /Seconds - Online Publication, www.slashseconds.org. Catch my Drift - Barge House, OXO Tower, London 2008 Sculpture in Context - The National Botanic Gardens, Dublin. Culture Night Temple Bar - Dublin. Reality in two Tones Galleria - Jakubska, Praha 1, Czech Rep. 2007 Fetish in a Box - Cork Art trail, Ireland. Jelgava Ice Sculpture Symposium - Jelgava, Latvia. 2006 Unknown Capitals - Budapest, Prague Paris. Sculpture in context - The National Botanical Gardens, Dublin. Fresh Re-imagining the collection - Limerick City Gallery of Art. Jelgava Ice Sculpture Symposium - Jelgava, Latvia. 2005 Moore St Lending Library - Dublin Fringe Festival; Dublin City. EV+A - Limerick City Gallery of Art.
Grants & Awards
Florence Trust Studio Residency
Irish Arts Council Training Grant
Irish Arts Council Travel & Mobility Award
Wicklow Arts Office Grant
Dublin City Arts Office Grant
Cultural Relations Committee (CRC) Bursary
Jelgava International Ice Sculpture Competition, Latvia 2006 & 2007 - 1st Prize
International Ice-sculpture Festival, Russia - Masters Prize
Dublin Institute of Technology - John Creagh Award
Records 1 to 5 of 151